Monday, October 21, 2013

Having Crossed the Threshold

Hello, my people.

I am updating simply because some time has elapsed. I certainly don't feel inspired to write this, so I will keep it brief.

I have not written because of what I feel I am in the middle of.

I am a huge fan of storytelling. I like the way people can derive meaning out of other people and events by organizing them into a narrative. I learn a lot that way. I hope I can look back on this blog and see a story arc, one that shows me going on adventures, meeting new people, and facing obstacles. I hope that when the blog is complete, I and those who read this will glean something meaningful that ultimately draws them to God.

What I'm in the middle of is an obstacle. A trial. I don't feel drawn towards writing a blog because I can't figure out how to derive meaning from it yet. I don't quite understand how it fits into my story.

So for now, I'll just call upon prayer from my brothers and sisters. Pray that I will overcome the doubts that are plaguing me, and that my faith will be strengthened and perfected by God.

That's what I want. That's what I want my life's story to be, a life walking alongside God, growing closer to Him day by day, and allowing Him to work through me.

It's very difficult to envision this life story with confidence at the moment. So I call upon the power of your intercessory prayer.

Thanks, I love you all very much!

This blog does not depict my experience here in China. I'm still enjoying being here, seeing new things, and having fun. I'll tell you more about it, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment