The theme of these past few weeks is evaluation. I've been faced with so many situation that have caused me to step back and think about where I stand and what it is that I stand for. In fact, that's been a theme of my entire time in Shanghai so far...
How should I live in a country that incorporates lawlessness into every day life?
What do I truly believe about the hot button issues facing Christianity today?
Where the heck does such certainty in my own faith come from?
Where does the truth of my beliefs and the whirlwind of my own emotions intersect?
Why don't I drink?
At one point do differences in doctrine require a breaking in fellowship?
There are so many different beliefs in the world. So many. Atheism versus Theism does not begin to cut it. Republicans versus Democrats. There is so much more diversity in the world, that even within belief system, variety overloads the infrastructure of one worldview. People will choose one belief among the trillions and cling to it so tightly as truth.
It's almost obnoxious that I hold fasts to the beliefs that I have, isn't it? And yet I do. These questions were and continue to be challenging to me, but I see God rowing me through the torrent and strengthening me. It's an exciting, troubling, peaceful, crazy time.
Christmas is coming. I've spent way too much money trying to get my living room to reflect it, but my mom sent me some stuff to aid me!
I have four Christmas parties lined up, but nothing to do on Christmas day! Isn't that depressing? I might just have a treat myself sort of day, foot massages and what not. Who knows?
Had authentic Mexican food for the first time in a long time. Amaaaaaazing.
Oh and my company is has this yearly event, and my friend Maddie and I have been asked to sing! She has a terrific voice and we both have terrific taste in music, so I'm excited! Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment