This will be a brief update. I just want to keep you all aware of my upcoming plans and events. The longer, more interesting posts will be written after they happen. Here, they are:
January 19th: My company, Kidcastle, is holding its annual party. I, along with another teacher named Maddie, have been asked to participate in the performance competition that is apart of the party. The competition is between the company's after-school programs (us), the kindergartens, and the head office. Maddie and I will be singing "Just The Way You Are" by BILLY JOEL, not the more recent guy who name I am blanking on. We thought we would have a humble performance with a piano and a simple spot, but the bosses from the head offices really wanted to represent the team, which is the Gold Team. Thus, I will now be sporting a gold sequins jacket and matching fedora. So that's this Sunday.
January 28th-February 6th: This is the Spring Festival celebration time, the Chinese New Year. This is by far the most important holiday in China, the Eastern Christmas. Originally, I was going to use the time off to go exploring the beautiful Guilin and Yangshuo. Instead, though, my Chinese friend Daniel (I gave him the name) has invited me to celebrate with his family in a small town called Zoucheng. It will be, as you can see, a long trip, and is sure to be exhausting, but I am really looking forward to it. I feel incredibly blessed to experience such an authentic perspective of Chinese culture.
February 9th-February 23rd: I am coming back to the States, y'all. I will not be in one place this whole time, mind you. About 45% of it will be in North Carolina, awaiting a good womb burst from my sister. 50% will be in Orlando, with stage-side seats to my good friends' marriage, and 5% flying in and out of Tampa. I will be very busy, so you should not all be expecting private lunch catch ups. I should start holding a raffle for that.
All three of these things will have awesome stories that I will be sure to write about.
Please be praying for me; I always like more prayer. Pray for my peace of mind and assurance and peace from the Spirit. Pray that the Spirit and Word will come by my side and fight the forces.
Thank you; love you guys!
will keep you in my prayers and love reading ur blogs sounds like you are having a blast we deff miss you in the states
ReplyDelete