Sunday, November 17, 2013

Next To Me

Hey y'all.

Just another little one; not too much to report between the last blog and now. I have not done much socializing, so no major adventures to speak of. All of the socializing I have done recently has been under the format of meeting for one-on-one/heart-to-heart conversations with fellow Christians in the area, which has been a huge blessing for me. Unfortunately, I do not have the transcripts to those conversations, so I'm not going to fill you in.

Thanksgiving is coming up, and I'm replacing quality with quantity. To my knowledge, I have not missed a Thanksgiving dinner with parents since birth. so this will be tough. Instead of having Thanksgiving with my family, then, I'm having 4 replacement Thanksgiving dinners. It's whatever, 4 dinners, no big deal. I'm going to be more turkey than man that week.

The selfie contest didn't pan out like I hoped, but not before getting these awesome selfies. The first one was with the security guard at the subway station. He was so unbelievable bewildered by the phone stuffed in his face. I still see him almost every day. It's awkward.












This second one was kind of cooler and way less awkward. I had thought up this idea in my crazy laowai arsenal in my head. I decided that if a guy sat down next to me on the subway, I'd ask for his phone. Then I'd just stick my earbuds in his phone and listen to his music. Turns out, this guy was thrilled. We swapped playlists and just sat and jammed out to each other's music for a few minutes. His taste is quintessentially Chinese, some soft-beat club beats, and over-wrought love ballads. He actually pulled out his phone for a selfie before I pulled out mine. Then he texted me afterward and thanked me for letting him listen to my music. Awwwwww....


Yes, I know that sounded so much like a pick up or a come on, and in America, it would be. But I can get away with stuff like this in China, and it's not creepy.



Aaaaaaaanywho, it's super cold, and the only solution at this point is setting myself on fire. I'm going to die.

1 comment:

  1. YOU BETTER NOT STOP WRITING CHRISTIAN BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME THAT I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE AT LEAST 3-4 TIMES PER MONTH ALSO I NEED YOU TO SEND ME YOUR CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS PLEASE THANK YOU THAT IS ALL THE END

    OH AND I MISS YOU TERRIBLY COME HOME SOON

    ReplyDelete